ช่องโหว่บน xp sp2

ช่องโหว่บน XP SP2 พบรูรั่วอันตรายของ SP2 ที่ใช้งาน local subnet

Description of the critical update for Windows Firewall “My Network (subnet) only” scoping in Windows XP Service Pack 2

SUMMARY
This article describes critical update 886185. This update helps narrow the definition of the My network (subnet) only, or local subnet, scope option in Windows Firewall. This is helpful in situations where Windows Firewall would consider a large network to be on the local subnet because of how the dial-up software configured the route tables. After you install critical update 886185, you may have to restart your computer.

SYMPTOMS
After you set up Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), you may discover that anyone on the Internet can access resources on your computer when you use a dial-up connection to connect to the Internet. For example, after creating an exception in Windows Firewall for File and Printer Sharing, you may discover that anyone can access shared files and printers.

Note Windows Firewall automatically selects the My network (subnet) only scope option when you create an exception for File and Printer Sharing.
CAUSE
Because of the way that some dialing software configures routing tables, Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2 can sometimes interpret the whole Internet to be a local subnet. This can let anyone on the Internet access a Windows Firewall exception if the exception is configured to use the My network (subnet) only scope option.

สรุปคร่าวๆคือ หากใช้งาน My network (subnet) only แล้ว SP2 มันจะทำตัวฉลาดเกิน
เลยไปอนุญาติให้ internet กลายเป็น Local Subnet ของเครื่องด้วย ทีนี้ใครจะ connect เข้ามาหาคุณมันก็จะกลายเป็น local subnet หมด

Patch Update:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;displaylang=en

ขอบคุณ babyo